Guest Post | My Loadout.

Friday, April 24, 2015


I have talked about what you can buy for Airsoft and different ways to use it. In this post I am going to run through my current load out and why I have chosen it. To start with I am wearing a multicam shirt and combat trousers, I chose these simply because I prefer the pattern to woodland DPM. I have also chosen the multicam pattern for my webbing, mainly to blend it in with the shirt and trousers. The yoke and pouches are from UKMCPRO. I didn’t buy a set that they have; I went for a more create your own style. On the left are my primary M4 pouches, each holding 2 magazines. Next to them are my pistol magazines; in airsoft I rarely find you need to carry more than 2-3 handgun mags that depends also on how trigger-happy you are with your main weapon. Following that round to the back is my dump pouch, which I do recommend to anyone as they make reloading a lot easier and much quicker. I then have a blank area, I’m undecided what to put here at the moment. On the right hand side, following from the blank spot, are my back up 4 mags. I did have these together so all 8 mags were on the same side, however, I found that it was awkward getting my sidearm magazines and also I rarely went through more than 3-4 magazines in a game. I personally use mid capacity magazines so I don’t have to keep winding them on, also the play style me and my friend try to use the most is getting far and wide to pick of players as we make our way round, mid caps keep the bbs tight and do not rattle but hi caps have them loose inside and sound like maracas and would give us away while trying to flank. Finally at the front on the right is where my side arm is, my sidearm changes as and when I feel like to be honest as you saw from my previous post I have a few to chose from. At the moment my pistol of choice is my new WE Glock 18c, I will do a review of this in the near future, which I brought from Badgertac. Also my single point sling I have run through the MOLLE loops so it is more comfortable. The reason I chose to use webbing is that I have used the viper assault vest like I mentioned in a previous post, and I have used plate carriers. I personally found that they made it too front heavy for my liking, whereas the webbing spreads the weight out evenly around your waist and across the shoulders and back. Having said that I still think plate carriers are a great option and if I was to use one again it would be more on a CQB environment as everything you need is in one area and is quick and easy to get to.

That’s it for my current load out, I am currently working on a sniper load out as I am looking to give airsoft sniping ago and also a PMC load out, so watch this space. Hope this has given you some ideas for you own load out.


What is your favourite load out?

Glen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments