One Pound At A Time.

Thursday, May 08, 2014

'It is not easy but it is worth it.'
I have always found it hard to loose weight. I was always the girl at school who was bullied for being over weight. I was never happy with the way I looked. No matter what I did I found it incredible hard to loose weight. In 2012 after many doctor appointments, hospital appointments and blood test I was told that I had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. This explained why I was finding it hard to loose weight. Once this was confirmed my doctor referred me to a dietician to have a chat about what I should and shouldn't be eating. I was also referred to a consultant who explained more about the condition. After having a few appointments with my consultant I explained to him that the main symptom that was affecting me was that I really wanted to loose weight but was finding it incredible hard to do so. He suggested that I went and sat in on a weight loose surgery talk. So off I went. When I arrived everyone who was there had to be weighed. Just like most girls I hate stepping on the scales. When I stepped on the scaled I could have cried right there in front of the nurse. The scales read roughly 22stone. This was heartbreaking to me. After sitting through the talk I made the decision I did not want to have surgery. I know some people who have had surgery and it worked for them but I wanted to do this on my own. I have a lot of respect for people who have gone through with surgery but for me it was not the right method to go for. Around six weeks after I made this decision I had my next appointment with my consultant. Once again he weighed me and I had lost nearly a stone. I changed my diet and cut out eating a lot of fried food. My job meant I was on my feet a lot and did a lot of walking. Anyone who knows me personally knows I am not a big eater and find it extremely hard to try new food. New food scares me which I know sounds stupid but it is an actual fear of mine.  Luckily I have a very supportive family and boyfriend who stood by me when times got tough and gave me the kick up the backside I needed. When I stepped on the scales this morning it read 15stone 4. This number still makes my heart sink but when I look back and compare pictures and realise that I have lost nearly 7stone in a year and a half it makes me feel proud of myself. I want to loose around another 3 stone then I will decide where I am going to go from there. 

Things that helped me to loose weight. 
* The support of my boyfriend and my family.
I could not ask for a more supportive boyfriend, he has stood by me when time got tough and has helped me to build the confidence I never had. My family have been there every step of the way and what made me smile the most is when they told me how proud they were of me. 
* Comparison pictures.
Pictures really do help. You might look in the mirror and think you can't see a difference. Take pictures 4/6 weeks apart. When you see the difference even if its just a little one you will realise that the hard work does pay off. 
* Instagram.
I follow a lot of people on Instagram who are also loosing weight. When you see there weight loss it can really inspire you if you are having a down day. 

I hope this post is helpful to some people. 
Always remember the hard work does pay off no matter how long it takes. 

Lottiemxo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments