Guest Post | My First Airsoft Experience.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Photo credit Blue Streak Airsoft.

I have tried to give the best advice and tips I could from my experience in Airsoft, but in this post I am going to tell you why I got into Airsoft and why I can see myself playing the sport until I’m too old to move, even then I’ve got a plan to mount a gun to a wheelchair. I got into Airsoft a few years ago thanks to a good friend of mine, Rob. Turns out Rob played Airsoft many years ago when it was still in its earlier years and UKARA wasn’t around so getting RIF’s was a lot easier. As you may have guessed there are a few years between us. However, we met through a college at work and we got chatting and got onto to the subject of paintball for works dos and birthdays and he said that he preferred playing Airsoft. He told me about it and how he used to play years ago, after that we booked up as rentals to play at Ambush Adventures in Chobham just down the M3. Ambush have a few sites, check their website for details, the one in Chobham is woodland, with structures they have built, it has a stream running through the centre of the game area which will always be one of the funniest memories I have which I well tell you in a bit. The site in Chobham is about an hour and half away from where we live but we chose to go there as it’s where he first played so off we went. We had a great time and many laughs and as promised my story, I was behind cover exchanging fire over a small stream trying to push over the bridge, anyway a rental decided he was going to jump it, even though your expressly told in the safety briefing not to, well he ran attempted to jump but slipped in the mud and went face first into the stream, the stream isn’t particularly deep but is full of stinking mud. Needless to say he came out looking and smelling like a swamp monster, players from both sides had forgot about the game as we were too busy laughing, I personally couldn’t breath and was in the foetal position, was a very good day, not for him though. This is one of the reasons I love the sport, the social side to it, going to different sites and talking to as many people as possible and having a great time. We played at Chobham for over a year or so, progressing from rentals, to having all our own kit and RIF’s, mainly from the shop on site run by Badgertac. We were introduced to the pizza munching Ian, who goes by the name Ratty, and ever since then me and Rob have been regular customers to Badgertac and regulars to his own game site Bluestreak Airsoft in Aylesbury. I would recommend any Airsofter new or old to go and play there, you won’t be disappointed. We have played a few other sites and plan to visit a few more but Bluestreak will always be as we feel, the best. The other reason I got into Airsoft is that I find it very cathartic after a long and stressful week at work there’s nothing better than packing the car and going off for the day with no worries and only a good time to look forward to. After all that the main reason I got into Airsoft was my friend Rob he opened the door for me and we both can’t wait to hit the skirmish field at the weekend. I would say that if you can go with a friend then do, but don’t be afraid to go on your own as well it doesn’t hurt to meet new people.


I hope this has given you a little in sight as to why have such a passion for the sport and has given you more incentive to get yourself out there.


Glen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments