Distance Makes The Heart Grow Fonder ♥

Tuesday, June 02, 2015


If you have been following me for a while you will know that in the beginning Glen and I were in a long distance relationship. 7 months into our relationship we both took a massive leap of faith and I moved from the North to the South so we could take our relationship to the next level and start living together. 
I won't lie being in a long distance relationship was hard. Celebrating birthdays and special events without having that one person next to you was hard. No matter how hard it was it was defiantly worth it in the end. 
I know everyone is different and everyones relationships are different but below I have listed some things that I found helped me get through the tough times. 
♥ Communication - Even just a text saying how are you? Hope you are having a good day.
♥ Travel - The excitement of seeing that person at the end always makes the traveling worth it. 
♥ Having a goal - Glen and I both had in mind where we wanted to end up and personal I think it helped. 
♥ Stay positive - Sometimes things do get tough but staying positive is a must.
♥ Use video calling - Glen and I spent hours facetiming each other. Most of the time Glen would be on his xbox and I would be doing something like tidying up but it was nice just to have him there.
♥ Take interest in each other families - It is always good to take interest in their family as one day they will be part of your life as well. 
♥ Don't hide things from each other - If something is troubling you talk about it with them.
♥ Make memories - Even if it just spending the day in bed with junk food and movies make the most of every minute together and make special memories together.
♥ Don't listen to negativity - When Glen and I got together a lot of people said it wouldn't work because of the distance. Nearly two years on look where we are now. Middle finger to the people who didn't think it would work.
♥ Do what you both want - Glen and I had only been together 7 months when I made the move to the South and a lot of people said I was silly for doing it but it is what we both wanted and we wouldn't change it for the world. 

How did you meet your partner? I hope this helped some of you in long distance relationships. 

Lottiemxo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments